Friday, June 21, 2013

Browniesssss....(part 1)

I looooooove brownies.



Especially if they're warm, fudgy, and moist.

I was requested to make 30 portions of brownies and 30 cookies for a church party. Now I don't know about you, but I love it when I get requests! It just gives me another reason to bake, and it makes other people happy!

This morning, when I was whipping up my first batch of brownies (from a box mix, I might add) something just didn't go right. The batter just wasn't its usual self.

So, I took a gamble and made a new batch FROM SCRATCH.


The thing is, I am fine with using a boxed mix. I will gladly make you 20 batches of brownies, but definitely from a mix. If you asked a random group of bakers, I might as well be the first one to admit that I HATE making brownies from scratch.

Here's why:

1. I haven't had any luck with made-from-scratch brownie recipes. Ever.
2. Many brownie recipes are not foolproof.
and
3. There is no way of guaranteeing that your brownies will turn out moist and fudgy like the ones from a mix.


Judging from the results I had though, I think I have FINALLY made a batch of brownies from scratch that I'm actually happy about!


Look, just look! So beautifully moist. I think I'm in love.

And yes, I did flip them upside down to cool because this recipe gave me the most beautifully crisp crust on top. I was so afraid of breaking that crust when I transferred it onto the cutting board that I decided to leave it upside down. Whatever.


Mmmmm......did I just make you drool on your laptop? Yeah, thought so.

Sadly, National Brownie Day isn't coming anytime soon (I learned that from my math fair project), but I'll definitely be making these brownies again on that day!

Er....I mean....this afternoon. 

That's right, folks! I'll be making another batch of these later in the day, and I'll be making another batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies too, so stay tuned!


Happy baking!

post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment